Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Just Say It


When a song can't say it all
I like to say it myself
Because if I don't, I know I won't 
It will not come out at all

When words can't express how I feel
I like to show it any way I can
Because if I don't, I know I won't
And I'll walk away as fast as I can 

When words and actions can't say it all
I like to sit and think to myself 
Because if I don't,I know I won't
It will all come crumbling down


This was a poem I wrote a long time ago, sometime back in high school during a very moody time. Then again, I think everyone had moody times growing up. If you didn't then I really would like to shake your hand and congratulate you. I think this one was written specifically during one of my first break ups. I was really mopey even though I was the one who broke things off. It's funny how that all works and how years later none of the silliness matters even though it was everything to you then in that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment